As we put together a new album, at some point we will have to name said album. Oh the agony of decision.... There are a few contenders, but it isn't as easy said as done it would seem. And there are a few ways to do it that I've seen...here are a few ideas to go about this process.
- Do you name an album as a general theme that represents the ideas of the songs on the album?
- Do you pick one song title that stands out as a way to name the album...?
- Do you name an album as a memorial to someone or something.
- What about place names, like the name of the place where songs were written as a way to name an album?
Initially, a friend had suggested a clever suggestion as a follow up to our last album 'Society of Good Intentions' be 'Society of Bad Inventions'. I loved that idea and I still do, but I'm not sure it fits completely what's happening in the album. Plus David thinks it is too close to the last album name and would people be confused. So, I am thinking of other names for this album.
- Society of Bad Inventions - still a contender to think about...
- Things that happened on the way to work
- Montague St.
That's the list so far. 'Things that happened on the way to work' sort of represents a fair bit of song inspiration as we both leave science careers. 'Insoles' represent the inside of people's shoes and the experiences that the inside of people's shoes might have had as reflected by some of the songs. 'Montague St' is our street. Almost all of these songs for the album were written here, and we may be leaving, so it might be a nice way to remember this place.
So that's the list of ideas so far but I am still thinking. There are some really lovely songs that I don't want to do an injustice to by picking a name that doesn't quite fit. Feel free to weigh in if you have a thought.
Happy Monday. See how I am embracing Monday and deliberately not complaining...? Good right?