Oh yeah it's travel day. We're off to the United Kingdom for adventure and romance. It always feels strange on the travel day and you can't quite get swept away in the romance of it all if you don't follow your handy dandy list. I have taken the liberty of making such a list for myself. If you find it useful for your own travel plans this summer, feel free to use any or all of it as you will.
Here we go.
1. Pack every pair of underwear you own. If you don't get to wash your clothing, at least you get a new pair of undies.
2. Pack clothes you need but no more. No extra shoes. Pack capos, picks, CDs, setlists, and maybe a hat.
3. Think about leaving your place clean, but then realize that it will be more satisfying to clean it when you get home. Sure it will.
4. Eat everything perishable in your fridge. If that means celery for the road, so be it.
5. Do the dishes and take out the garbage. That you will be so glad you remembered to do.
6. Don't worry if you forget a whole bunch of things that you didn't put on the list, that's what improvising on the road is! Oh but jeez, take your mandolin dammit (or guitar, whatever).
7. Have fun beauties! Have the best fun and forget the stupid list. I'm over it already.
So the list started out somewhat helpful, probably if you follow at least some of it you will be happy you did, but lists are boring anyway. Let's just get moving and have some fun. Said the idiot who forgot a swimsuit. Ha, but I didn't! See that!?
Oh goodness, have a great day you gorgeous people. Remember to hear that I love you.